Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tea Time

Last Saturday marked our first baby shower which was graciously thrown by my cousin Suzanne and Aunt Karen. It was a family shower with about 20 ladies enjoying lunch and sweet treats at an adorable tea room.

Since I single-handedly have four sides of family before counting Michael's relatives, it's a rarity to get so many branches of my family tree in one place. I think our wedding was the last time I enjoyed this luxury so I was not only excited about the baby gear, but also catching up with everyone.

We are extremely lucky to be showered by such a loving family and while our baby may not have a name yet, he is the proud owner of some seriously cool gear. I can't wait to see him in the tiny little clothing, wrapped up in the hand-sewn blankets or playing and learning with all the toys and books.

As I went to write this post I realized that all the shower pictures were taken with other people's cameras so I don't have those to post, but I can provide a visual for the landslide of amazing gifts we were showered with for our baby. Below are some pictures of the nursery which is currently in a disheveled state. My cousin also brought over some large items like a Moses basket, exersaucer, bathtub, jumper and bouncy seat that we're borrowing from her son Luke since they're only used for a few short months. As you'll see, the nursery is quickly filling up and making this whole parenting thing seem like more of a reality.

Thank you to everyone who made the day so special and to those who had to travel to be a part of it. We love you all and know our son's life will be enriched because of your generosity and thoughtfulness.



No comments: