Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pass the Kleenex

For the last few days, all I've wanted to do is cuddle up on the couch and sleep for about 48 hours straight. I've been fighting off a cold this last week and it's finally catching up with me. 

Unfortunately, most cold medicine is not safe for pregnant women so I've basically taken a few random Tylenol to curb the sore throat pain and that's it. Luckily my sore throat is waning, but it has been replaced with some serious nasal drainage. All of this has been somewhat bearable until last night. I couldn't really sleep because I couldn't really breathe and the nasal drainage led to coughing (and let me just say that's not any fun when you have extra poundage pressing down on your pelvis and bladder). 

I need to get this pity party out of my system because I have some very fun things to do this weekend. So my plan is to pour a bowl of cereal and recuperate over a Food Network marathon for an hour or two. Who needs Benadryl when you have the Barefoot Contessa?  

No comments: