Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Latest Check Up News

Well, I'm a little bummed I don't have more to report from this morning's check up. After experiencing contractions yesterday from about 2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., I really thought I'd be more dilated today. Unfortunately this is not the case and after all that discomfort I'm still only around 1 cm. Arg.

On a positive note, she could feel that the baby is once again facing down and back in the right position so that's a relief. He's also started to drop which is a good sign, but is increasing my pelvic pain and need to constantly urinate.

I did ask the doctor how big she thinks the baby will be and right now she estimates he's around 7 lbs. 6-8 oz. She also provided a disclaimer that over the next week or two the baby can really pack on the weight, so I need to be eating nutritiously.

Since Michael and I were both over 8 lbs., I fully expected to have at least an 8 lb. baby but right now the doctor doesn't think he'll cross the 8 lb. mark.

That's the latest for now. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude these last few weeks, but it grows more difficult by the day. Two co-workers who are due after me will likely be having their babies before my induction date so that's not helping my mental state. That fact compounded with the "You're still here?" remarks I constantly receive in the office halls are further deteriorating my psychological condition.

So, say a little prayer that my attitude takes a turn for the better. If not for me, then for Mike since I know he's ready for this phase to pass as well.

No comments: