Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pre-Easter egg hunt

So, I'm a little behind on my blogging. We've been in Mississippi for the past five days and I'm just now getting around to posting pictures from our pre-Easter egg hunt the weekend before.

My cousin Suzanne and her family hosted a houseful for an early Easter celebration and cookout. Since we were going to be out of town for the actual holiday, it was nice to get together with everyone and watch the boys hunt eggs together.

The weather has been absolutely amazing the last few weeks, so we all enjoyed being outside for a relaxing evening. Here are some of the highlights:

The kids' table...no girls allowed. 

Jack enjoying some big boy food 

And their off...next year Jack will be running around with them instead of supervising 

On the hunt 

Next, it was time to check out the loot. Gray loved opening the eggs to find candy surprises. 

Luke was excited to fill his pocket with coins. He even found the golden egg with a quarter...jackpot! 

Holt liked the candy too. Isn't his basket adorable? He and Luke both had cute baskets, meanwhile Gray sported a hand-me-down basket from his daddy's childhood. 

It was so much fun to have four generations together. I realized later that I didn't get pictures of anyone besides the kids. Isn't that always the case?

No comments: