Six and a quarter is a really fun age. Gray wants so badly to be grown up and wants to be with his parents all the time. It can make bedtime challenging and we're working through another round of him coming into our bed at night just because he "wants to be with the rest of the family." I try to remind myself that soon enough he won't think we're cool, so I'm trying to soak up this time while I can. Most mornings, I wake up and look over to find Michael and Grayson laying the exact same way -- on their backs, shirtless and with both arms up over their heads.
He's just so much fun and I want to be with him all the time too. A few of his current interests include:
- "Working out" so he can have "huge" arm muscles like Mr. Mike (the OU gymnast that volunteers at Gray's school and he adores)
- Dressing like a cowboy
- Wearing a "house coat" (aka the robe that Nana & Popper gave him for Christmas that reminds him of Home Alone)
- Singing constantly -- I often feel like I live in a musical because he bursts into silly songs all the time. He's been asking to go to children's choir at church which starts back up next Sunday, so hopefully we'll have an outlet for all of this singing!
- Asking to turn the radio up in the car. This goes along with his love of singing, but Gray can't get enough music, air guitar or air drumming
- Reading like a champ! We can no longer spell out words in front of him, he's too quick to sound them out.
- Playing baseball -- Gray tells me he's going to play baseball for Norman North (the local high school) and is counting the days until the spring T-ball season starts. I should probably look that up.
A boy in his beloved spiderman house coat
This is how Gray dressed himself to run errands with us last Saturday. He's got the heart and soul of a cowboy. When I asked to take his picture after lunch, he struck this pose all on his own which made me smile even more. Such a cute little dude.
Proudly showing off his first chapter book from the school library. He's really excited and told Michael that the cover is "so cool!" I'm glad he loves to read and can't believe my baby is bringing home chapter books!