Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Graysonisms

A few recent topics of conversation from our daily lives with Grayson:

  • It snowed overnight on Sunday and when Gray woke up and saw it he told Michael, "Daddy we need to get the Christmas tree out. It's Christmastime again already!" When Michael told him it wasn't time for Christmas yet, Gray said, "But there's snow on the ground?!"
  • My sister Amy and her family are moving from North Carolina back to Oklahoma this week (yay!) and Gray has been talking a lot about his cousin Holten coming to live in Norman and going to his preschool. He gets really serious and says, "Mama, I want Holt to be my brother." Every time I try to explain that it's not negotiable, but they are cousins and that's really special too. Then I ask if Gray wants Holt to live with us and share his toys, and he quickly changes his mind about the whole brother thing.
  • Gray's latest obsessions are asking people if they are his best friend, Batman, what it means to be a stranger (including telling people they are strangers to their face when we're in public...nice) and houses with Christmas lights getting tickets from the police (yes, I'm still answering 20 questions about this every time we see a house with lights on it).

4 comments:

jenhumphreys said...

The Question about the Christmas lights should be... IS it the same houses?
I love me some Graysonisms!!!
Aunt Jen

Anonymous said...

Inquiring minds want to know! :)
Love,MOM

Lindsay said...

There are two houses we pass regularly that have lights on them. One is by his school and one is in our neighborhood. He always comments on those, but if we pass a random one he'll talk about it too. He's such a rule nazi!

Anonymous said...

I wonder WHO IN THE WORLD he gets that?!!!!!
L, Pappa