Sunday, April 14, 2013

Meet Nora Wren

Last Wednesday I became an auntie again! Emily and Levi's baby girl, Nora Wren, told us all who was boss and came into this world seven weeks early.

She was 3 lbs. 9 oz. and 17 inches long. Remarkably, she was off oxygen the next day but will likely remain in the NICU several weeks to make sure she's tolerating food well.

You'd think a preemie would be the stressful part of this story, but Em gave us the biggest scare with extremely high blood pressure and low platelets. I'm sure she'll give you the full story on her blog when she gets home from the hospital, so for now I'll just say how thankful I am for my beautiful sister and feisty niece.




P.S. 
We've also been keeping their dog Molly for a few days until they come home. She's the most relaxed dog ever and we've enjoyed taking her all around and watching her romp and play. Roxy isn't quite sure if this is a temporary situation or not, but she's tolerated the change very well. 

Holt, Molly & Gray ready for soccer practice

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very happy and sad for your sister. It is a very scary and stressful time. Leaving LIncoln in the hospital was the hardest thing I ever had to do. It still brings me to tears thinking about it, but in the end you get this wonderful "little" baby to take care of and a great story. I wish them all the best and we will be sending them some special prayers. congrats on becoming an aunt again, you are pretty great at it. :)

all my love

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! So happy all are ok! Congrats and love to all!Aunt KM618