Sunday, May 5, 2013

Our weird dude

Sometimes I wonder about our strange little boy. He can get something in his head and it's not worth putting up a fight, so we just roll with it despite how odd it may look.

For example, last week I had a dermatology appointment and Gray was out of school for an in-service day so he came with me. He insisted on wearing his "headphones" which are really ear protection we purchased years ago when we attended the Monster truck show.

I have no idea what sparked his interest in wearing these, but it wasn't worth arguing over so I let him wear them as long as he didn't yell when he talked since it was hard for him to tell how loud he was being.

Here's a shot of him playing in the waiting area:


I'm sure the other dozen or so people that were there with us were curious about why he was wearing ear protection. Eventually, the phase passed and he put them in my purse and we didn't think anything else of it.

Another funny thing he did recently was during a bowling fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Right before we started bowling the first game, I asked him to turn around so I could take his picture. He immediately started striking a pose:





This one came out blurry, but you can see why the kid cracks me up. 
Where does he come up with this stuff?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess weird apples DON'T fall far from the tree!!! uknowho!!