Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Can you hear me now?


This week has been full of doctor's visits for Grayson. After having some borderline tests at his five-year check-up, we scheduled some additional testing for his vision and hearing. I'm relieved to share that both exams went well. 

I really thought Gray may have to get tubes in his ears, but his hearing test showed he only missed one pitch in both ears, and it was a really high frequency so the doctor isn't concerned. He told us to come back in two years just to make sure things don't progress as Gray grows and cause any other issues. In the meantime no tubes are needed! 


Gray was more interested in the cool motorized chair and the sucker he got after his hearing test. He also sat really still as the doctor pulled out several globs of earwax which always makes me nervous. 

Next up was the eye doctor. Gray has been complaining that things are blurry in the distance, but his vision checked out okay. There were a couple of things the doctor wants to watch over time, mainly because Michael needed glasses in elementary school and I wear them now too. For now, Gray doesn't need glasses and we just go back for a check-up next year. 

This has all been a big relief for us, but I think Gray secretly wanted to come home with glasses like daddy. I'm sure in good time he will and then he won't want them anymore. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good deal! I think he needs a surprise for being so big! We'll just see about that!
L, Pappa