Thursday, July 16, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

This Saturday we leave for a week-long vacation to the Outerbanks of North Carolina. We CANNOT WAIT to take our first official family vacation, introduce Grayson to the ocean and beach, plus be reunited with John & Whitney (two pals from our days in St. Louis).

But before we can relax by the ocean, we have to pack up all our clothes and baby gear, board two flights to get to Norfolk, VA, and drive an hour or two to the beach house. I will admit, I'm a little nervous about taking Grayson on an airplane. I just don't want to be "that" family with the inconsolable child -- trapped at 30,000 feet in the sky.

So, say a few prayers for our travel day on Saturday. Between worrying about remembering the car seat, baby food, and the kitchen sink, I'm definitely going to need a vacation from preparing for our vacation. Luckily, the only thing on our agenda next week is to relax, so it will all be worth it in the end.

I don't know if we'll have internet service at the beach house so my blog posts may be on hiatus as well, but I promise to keep you updated via the Twitter feed in the margin.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin said...

How fun that you're going to see Whitney and John! Can we come??? :) Can't wait to see pictures!

For the trip, bring some new toys that Grayson has never seen before. I always became super-entertainer mommy on plane rides, and somehow we've never had a major melt down. I'm sure Grayson will do great. GL!

soonersdad said...

Hey I'm free for the weekend. I can come up and put him to sleep for the trip. Or dad can make his funny faces and sing all the way.

Have a good time

Love
Popper