Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Grayson!

Wow, can you believe this kiddo is 1 today? This year has been a whirlwind of drool, diapers, learning and flying by the seat of our pants.

I think back to a year ago at how miserably big I was, so ready for the birth and excited to finally meet our son. It's truly amazing how much can happen in 12 short months. Gray's gone from no head control to crawling and now even stumbling around a bit, perfectly maneuvering his pacifier while opening and closing the door to his toy cabinet.

Not only has he changed, but Michael and I have as well. What "we" learned from books (i.e. what I relayed to Michael from the books I read) became reality and then we forgot the books altogether and found our own way. We went from awkwardly bathing and diapering a fragile baby to wrestling a chunky toddler after splashing in the bathtub.

When I was pregnant, Michael and I used to wonder about what traits our son might have. Over the last year we've learned a little bit about this amazing person, but I'm happy to say there is so much left to still discover. This is probably just as true for ourselves as it is for Grayson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY, GRAYSON!!!!! I'm anxious to see you soon as heading to OKC via Okolona this Friday....I remember getting to hold you when you were just 4.5 hours old...Happy Birtday Big Boy!!

luv, unk Sam

Whitney said...

Happy 1st birthday, little guy! I can't believe you are already 1. This year flew by. I hope you have a fantastic time celebrating. You have a little something in the mail coming to you from your Aunt Whitney and Uncle John. :)

Keenan said...

Wow. It is unbelievable when I think back to this time last year when we were both just waddling aroung (well, at least I was) and waiting on our little guys, and now we are celebrating milestones everyday! And ONE YEAR! It is so much fun, isn't it? Happy Birthday to Grayson from the Farrars! :)