Sunday, September 20, 2009

Whew

I've been nervous about introducing Grayson to peanut butter because of all the peanut allergies you read about these days. But this weekend I decided it was time to bite the bullet and just get it over with, so I fixed him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch on Saturday.

I wish I had the video camera going when he took his first bite. He rolled the peanut butter around in his mouth, examining the texture and flavor. After immediately deciding he liked it, I fed him a little more and waited to see if he was going to have any allergic reaction.

Thank goodness he didn't and instead proceeded to take down almost the entire sandwich. I have a feeling the PB&J will be a household staple for many years to come.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I was a nightmare of an eater for my mom. I literally did not eat anything other than peanut butter and jelly for lunch for the first 12 years of my life. Total truth!

I'm glad Grayson is open to trying new foods--peanut butter and jelly is a staple kid meal!