Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Today is my grandpa's 92nd birthday. He passed away on Thursday so he didn't quite make it to celebrate the day with us, but I have no doubt that he's having quite the party in heaven with his four brothers, old war buddies, my Uncle Bill, and many others.

I will always remember my grandpa for his warm hugs, constant tinkering (and ability to fix anything), cut-up humor, endless stories, and the unconditional love he had for his family and my grandma, his wife of 68 amazing years.

He lived quite the life and feisty spirit in his 92 years and I can only hope that Michael and I will share the enduring love that my grandparents have shared.

As I was shuffling through pictures for one to post, I specifically remembered one of him reading a book to me when I was around Grayson's age. I ended up coming across this one unexpectedly and although it's from a while ago as well (that's me standing next to my grandpa in my unfortunate high school days), the photo was taken at a typical family cook-out gathering. A moment that was very common, but still very special to all four of the cousins/grandkids and the grandparents we love so dearly.

Luckily for us, they loved and tolerated us despite being our "cool" teenage selves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job! He would love this! Thank you for always saying exactly what I am thinking and remembering. Love you, Aunt KM

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with Aunt KM! You have a way with words Linny that I cannot express. I wish I was there with everyone celebrating Grandpa's life. I love you all.
A