Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chatty Cathy

Last night while we were eating dinner Michael and I were having a conversation when out of nowhere Grayson says, "no talking, daddy."

A few minutes later he got on to me and said, "no talking, mommy." We've never said this to him so I guessed it was something he had been told at school (which also means he's been chatting when he shouldn't be).

We tried to explain that you don't tell mommy and daddy not to talk, but that didn't really take. It's kind of a confusing concept for a two-year-old to grasp.

This morning when we dropped him off at school I asked the teacher if he's been a little too talkative lately. She said he tends to want to talk (non-stop) when it's time for everyone to be napping. I didn't have the heart to tell her that we hear him talk himself to sleep nearly every night over the monitor.

I have a feeling this won't be the last teacher to get on to him for talking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call me Gray, I'll talk to u!! unksam