Monday, November 15, 2010

It's starting to sink in...

We've had a little progress on the potty front. Last week we had two successes at home and then tonight we were out to eat when Grayson said he needed to go potty.

This usually means he has just gone potty in his diaper, but we went through the routine anyway and I took him to the bathroom. He managed to dribble a little in the potty and I made a fool of myself praising him.

After washing his hands in the big sink (his favorite part of the whole thing) we went back out to the table to tell daddy. Before we got there, Grayson had to tell every table that we passed about his accomplishment. every. single. table.

So I walked through the entire restaurant with my son pointing to his crotch saying "pee pee potty" and everyone smiled and praised him (which only made him continue the behavior to the next table).

I'm hoping the whole potty training thing is starting to sink in a little. My goal was to get serious about big boy underpants during Christmas break, so fingers crossed we're on the right track!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun! It is all a work in progress and it will be glorious when that task is accomplished! Love, Aunt KM

Anonymous said...

Hey Grayson!!! Good Boy!!! I remember when cousin Luke was 'being trained'...we were at Johnnies one night and he had to be excused...when he came back, he was soooo excited he exclaimed "Uncle Sam, I pooped in the big pot!" Not wanting to be outdone, I replied..."So did I!!!" That surprised him!!! See you soon, luv, UnkSam