Thursday, November 18, 2010

Never a dull moment

Now that Grayson is more vocal I find myself saying things and having conversations I never thought I would have.

For example, this morning Grayson woke up at the crack of dawn (as usual) and came into our room to play tractor. Trying to hold on to a few more moments of sleep, I told him, "Keep the tractor on the ground please, no more driving on mommy's face."

Then this evening we were playing after dinner when he found a piece of paper on the coffee table. I asked him to go throw it in the trash and he excitedly obliged. Moments later I hear him crunching on a piece of apple which had been thrown away after dinner. This led me to explain that we don't eat food out of the trash can and that it's yucky.

There are too many of these oddball conversations in a day to try and remember. I can only imagine what is to come when we have to respond to the "why?" phase.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing your trash is probably cleaner than some of the restaurants we all have frequented! His immune system should be getting stronger each day! Thanks for the great update.
L, Pappa

birdie said...

Watch out...you might have a "freegan" on your hands! Miss you guys! Hope we can see you all soon!