Thursday, June 23, 2011

Art from the Heart

As a working mom there are times when I get a pang of guilt when it comes to sending my child to daycare (aka "school"). That said, he loves going there and I love all the random art projects his brave teachers take on with their class full of two-year-olds.

One recent example is Grayson's Father's Day gifts for Michael. He brought home a plastic mug which includes a photo of Gray and some crayon artwork tucked inside the clear mug liner. That was enough to make Michael happy while drinking his morning coffee, but then he got to open a briefcase full of artwork that Gray had created as well.

Here's a look at everything that was inside the construction paper briefcase:


There are oversized writing utensils that say, "Cool Dad," "You Rock," and "Love You." Plus some sort of over sized shirt pocket thingy, a card with a poem inside and (my favorite) the keys to Grayson's heart.


Each of the keys have a message that to Daddy from Grayson. They say, "I promise to..."
  • Clean up my toys
  • Give hugs and kisses
  • Play bob the builder with you
  • Go poo poo in the potty
These are all promises that I know warm Daddy's heart. Michael isn't one to save cards or get sentimental, but I did see him tuck the keys away for safe keeping.

No comments: