Thursday, April 12, 2012

Roadtrip & Relaxation

We left last Thursday to visit Pappa, Susu and the rest of my family in Mississippi. It was a much-needed getaway where we all got to do anything we wanted to for days and days. Cell service was spotty and the only schedule we kept was nap time and happy hour. Total bliss!

Gray fished for about three minutes the entire trip, but it was long enough for me to snap a picture. 

On the other hand, Michael fished for days on end. The weather was perfect and he fished at all hours of the night and day, catching blue gill and bass in three lakes on my family's property. The shot above is from the lake behind my grandparent's house. Of course, Pappa John has to get in on the fishing action and had lots of advice on the best spots to cast.

Meanwhile, Gray's patience had run out for fishing so Pappa Steve kept him entertained. 

Back at my parent's house, Michael found some bamboo and made a cane fishing pole which I later used to catch a fish. He may have made it and baited it, but I'm still claiming the fish as mine. 

Another one of Gray's favorite past times was putting the roof up and down on Pappa's convertible. Even if we weren't going anywhere, he enjoyed pushing all the buttons on the "transformer."  

Gray, Pappa and Michael enjoying a lazy afternoon. 

Gray trying out the cane pole. He enjoyed working the reel on the other fishing poles so he pretended this one had a reel too and cranked on it endlessly.

This is the fish I caught with the cane pole. I caught four others with Gray's rod before calling it a day. 

Gray also enjoyed sitting on the parked four wheeler and making motor sounds. Later we went and got his helmet so he could ride in the pasture with daddy.   


Gray also took his first ride in the back of the farm truck. Pappa John drove us around to the levy on the lake for a better fishing spot. Gray was a little nervous on some of the bumps, but he loved wearing his boots and riding in the truck.

On Saturday, we dyed real Easter eggs for the first time. I've just done plastic ones with Gray until now. He liked dropping the eggs in the cups from high above. Good thing we were outside. 



A little happy hour baseball with Pappa at sunset. 

 

On Sunday, we went to church and enjoyed Pappa and Susu singing in the choir's Easter Cantata. Grayson was so excited to wear a tie. Unfortunately, his recent growth spurt made his khaki pants look like capris, so I had to find some hand-me-down pants at the last minute. They were a little big, but better than the others.


One of the church members decorated the cross outside the church with gorgeous fresh flowers. Here we are with Pappa and Susu after the service. 

For my entertainment, I enjoyed reading magazine after magazine, taking a few afternoon naps in the sunroom, getting to do a little shopping and watching the Hunger Games movie one afternoon when my parents kept Gray.

Despite the long drive home (and the fact that my car passed 100,000 miles along the way), it was all worth it. We always have so much fun in Mississippi and can't wait to go back. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Grayson finally got to color real eggs!!! No more plastic eggs at Easter now!!!!! :) Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted after all that!! unowho

Anonymous said...

priceless pics! thx! Aunt KMresct