Monday, November 5, 2012

Let me catch you up

Michael and I have just returned from a four-day getaway to Florida, but before I get to that I need to catch you up on last week. 

We harvested the last crop from our vegetable garden -- sweet potatoes. They didn't quite turn out as big and beautiful as I remember from my granddad's garden when I was a child. I'm guessing that's because he had an acreage instead of a small six-foot raised bed like ours. 

Anyway, it was fun to learn the process first-hand and dig up the little tuber treasures. 


Then it was time for Halloween! My dad and Susan arrived from Mississippi just in time for some potato soup and trick-or-treating. Gray and Holt got to go together this year and made it quite a long way. 

This was the first year that we lost control of picking Gray's Halloween costume. He chose all by himself and insisted on being a fireman like his Uncle Levi. 

Gray the fireman with Holten the ninja turtle

The boys got a kick out of Susu's devil horn headband

Every year we always start our trick-or-treating at our next door neighbor's house. They enjoy seeing whatever costume we've concocted and this year they got to dress up their own sweet baby girl Cooper. She was Raggedy Ann with the most adorable wig that was as big as she is. Of course, we had to take a picture and I love that the wig is so large it's covering half her face. She was not a happy camper, but we all got a kick out of it...isn't that what Halloween is all about when you have a baby?

The fireman counting all his loot at the end of the night


No comments: