Sunday, July 7, 2013

America's Birthday

We decided to host a swim party on July 4th and I promised myself I'd be better about capturing photos of the day. I started out well, taking pics of the decorations and Holt and Gray swimming, but once everyone arrived I got distracted and didn't think to pick up my camera.

We had 20 people here and about half of them were below 5 years-old, so there was a lot of activity to say the least. It was so much fun and the weather was gorgeous. After swimming and eating way too much, we made our way over to the Norman fireworks show to cap off a wonderful day.

Here are the pre-event photos I managed to take:

I made this wreath for our front door. Yes, you read that right, I made it. Not sure what got into me, but it was very easy. It's colored yarn and felt stars on a styrofoam circle form. Super easy and I can't wait to hang it up again in the future. 

Gray and Holt couldn't quite wait for everyone to get there to swim.

Here's one of the tables we set up outside to eat on.

Here's the other table centerpiece.

Our pool pump fence even got in the patriotic spirit. 

Gray was in charge of putting flags around the planters.

One of the two "people" shots I managed to take. Amy's grad school friend Melissa was in town from Savannah and it was great to catch up with her.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a great setting and Great Decorations too!
And the pics you did take were Great!
L, Pappa