Saturday, May 10, 2014

Our Perfect 10

Michael and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary this week. Man, how time flies! We met in 2000 and were married in a surprise ceremony (for our guests) in 2004. Michael graduated from OU just hours earlier and the next day moved to St. Louis where I had been working since graduating a year earlier. Talk about a life changing weekend!

We spent three great years in St. Louis before deciding to move back to Oklahoma and were so lucky that new jobs, selling our house and everything that could, fell into place. Grayson wasn't even a glimmer in our eye yet, but now it's hard to recall what life was like before he completed our family.

Our life together has been so much fun, and while we're not perfect, it has been the right path for us. I'm proud of the choices we've made over the past decade, our enduring love and mutual support, they way we challenge each other and foster growth, and heck, I even still think he's pretty darn cute. You can't ask for much more than that!

I'm not sure of the exact date this was taken, but I believe it was in our first year of dating around the fall of 2000. We were such youngsters!


Fast forward 10 years and we may have aged a bit, but we have collected so many amazing memories along the way (not to mention becoming parents to a certain little boy that we're pretty proud of too). 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

10 years...Well....I guess I lost that bet!! LOL....kidding! Happy #10!! unowho