Thursday, March 26, 2015

What would you do with $1 million?


Grayson brought this home today in his school folder. It's a pot of gold that they learned about during St. Patrick's day and each child filled in the sentence, "If I had a pot of gold I would..." 

Our boy said he would "get a lot of wood to make an apartment and a wheelchair." 

I was a little confused by the random answer so I asked him more about it and he said he would build an apartment for people who were homeless and make a wheelchair out of wood for someone who couldn't walk. He said he wanted to use the pot of gold to help people. 

Like any parent, of course my heart melted on the spot. He was so genuine in his explanation and determination to help people. I love how thoughtful he is and I hope his heart stays as caring and compassionate as it is today. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, he's too cute! He has some good role models, too!!
L, Pappa