Thursday, August 13, 2009

Down But Not Out

My posts have been few and far between lately due to the wave of sickness that's enveloped our family. Grayson kicked off the fun with projectile vomiting early last week. He never ran a fever and was happy as a clam right after vomiting, so we didn't think much about it. According to his teachers, this short (but not so sweet) stomach bug was quickly circulating around his school.

I was next up with strep throat. This lasted about five days before my medicine finally kicked in and I was able to rebound. Luckily, Grayson and I were both well just in time for our trip to Mississippi to visit my parents and family. We celebrated my dad's birthday and enjoyed relaxing while spending time with family.

We got back on Monday and late Tuesday evening I picked up the stomach bug that Grayson endured last week. Now it's Thursday and I'm still running a slight fever and have some symptoms, but I've been able to keep food down nearly 24 hours.

Time will tell if Mike will succumb to either of these illnesses. He's been a trooper, playing Mr. Mom without complaint, but I know he's ready for me to be able to touch and care for Grayson again.

I'm ready to get over all of this and catch you up on Grayson's latest happenings. Every day I see him changing more into a boy as his skills develop and looks change. It's exciting and heart-breaking all at the same time. More on that later. Right now I need to focus on keeping my Gatorade down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but is you vomitting projectile, too? glad u had a fun time in MS...nice to be home and get rested! hug G for his unk Sam!!

Erin said...

Lindsay! I'm so sorry you and Grayson have been sick with back-to-back illness. Hopefully after all this, your immune systems will be stronger than ever and you'll be healthy for at least the next five years. :)