Monday, August 3, 2009

Grayson at 11 months

So, this monthly update is a few days late because I'm just now rebounding from strep throat which came on last Thursday. Michael has done a great job taking care of me and playing single dad to our extremely active son.

Grayson took advantage of this weekend's home time to work on his mobility. He's all about cruising these days, whether it's around the furniture or holding on to his Playskool car. He hasn't taken his official first independent steps yet, but I can already see our lives will never be the same.

Another favorite is putting things "in" other things. I'm actually amazed at some of the hand/eye coordination he's showing. He can put different-shaped blocks in their appropriately sized hole, small balls in their shoot (like the video below) and rings on a pole. So far he shows equal skill with both hands, so we can't tell which will be dominant. I'm right-handed and Michael is a lefty, which means we're both pulling for the opposite hand.

Grayson's peach-fuzz hair is finally starting to grow wispy in the back. It's still thin (if non-existent) on top, but seems to be starting to grow.

As you probably saw from our vacation pictures, he has six teeth now. Four on top and two on bottom. I don't see any others breaking through, yet the drool continues at full volume.

This Thursday we get to introduce Grayson to my step-mom Susan's side of the family. We're driving to my parent's house in Mississippi (notice I said driving, not flying) for a mini-family reunion, complete with my sister Amy and nephew Holten. I haven't seen this side of my family since I was about 6 months pregnant, and I'm sure he will enjoy showing off for his grandparents and extended family.

For now, I'll leave you with a few new videos of Gray's recent party tricks.



No comments: