Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whirlwind

This week has already gotten away from us and it's only just begun. Lately, Grayson's been giving us lots of blog-worthy moments, but we either don't have the camera nearby or I haven't had time to sit down and capture them here.

Over the weekend, we enjoyed a visit from Nana and Popper (Michael's parents). Grayson and Roxy reveled in every single minute of their affection and time here. Gray has started getting upset again when people leave and he's not going with them so we had to pull a little slight of hand and put him down for a nap before they left. Luckily, by the time he woke up two hours later, he didn't think it was unusual that only mom was still there with him.

This week is full of doctor's appointments, haircuts, and even more grandparent visits. The only reason I've had a moment to post this morning is because I'm waiting to see the eye doctor.

One of my New Year's resolutions (that I've discovered a few weeks into the new year) is to get our finances in a little better order. We're in decent shape, but could always use room for improvement. We've met with a financial planner to reassess our retirement and Gray's education fund, and last night we met with a mortgage broker about refinancing our home loan to take advantage of lower interest rates.

Michael willingly comes along to these various meetings, but I must admit I really love having these financial discussions. I guess it gives me a sense of control and relieves stress during a time when our lives seem to be whizzing by. Luckily, Michael is there to balance out my crazy penny-pinching side so we're able to have a little fun and I, in turn, have helped his credit score break the 800 mark (a characteristic I find attractive while he could probably care less).

It will be interesting to see what traits Grayson picks up from each of us as he gets older. Maybe he'll turn out to be the perfect blend of both. That could happen, right?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh financial planning, how I love it. Sounds like you guys are staying busy. Glad I got to see you on Monday.