Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Adventures of Mr. Mom

I am gearing up for a six day work trip and on top of checking off the to do list at work, I'm also trying to get things in order on the home front. I leave Thursday morning and Michael turns into Mr. Mom.

He's a very hands-on dad, so I'm not worried about Grayson's care, I just want to make it as easy as possible because six days is a long time to be without your partner when you're used to tag-team parenting. We've stocked up on diapers, milk, human food, dog food and even scheduled a mid-trip break since my mom agreed to keep Grayson Saturday night and give Michael some relief.

We have a gift for a friend's birthday party over the weekend, the laundry is nearly done, the bills have been paid and Roxy also got freshly groomed, so the household should be in good shape for my departure.

I would ask Mike to post some blog updates in my absence, but we all know that's not going to happen so I haven't even asked. I'll try to at least update you through what I hear by phone. Last time I was gone the boys went cruising in Blauhai (the name for Mike's classic BMW) and he texted me pictures of he and Grayson out at a nearby lake. I told them no wild parties or wild girls allowed, so hopefully they'll keep the craziness to a minimum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on that one! Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Good luck on that one!!!

Anonymous said...

uncle sam is on the way Grayson!!!!