Sunday, March 21, 2010

Springing Forward

Apologies for being MIA, it's been a whirlwind since I returned home from Austin, TX last Tuesday. I had another work trip on Wednesday (just for the day) and then Nana and Popper (Michael's parents) drove up from Houston on Friday.

We've had a great weekend despite the weather going from 73 degrees on Friday to snowing about three inches on Saturday. We were snow bound yesterday and had to cancel our plans to visit the new children's zoo inside the Oklahoma City Zoo, but were determined to get out of the house today. It was still too windy and cold to be outdoors so we opted for running some home remodeling errands instead.

I'm excited to say we got a lot accomplished (thanks to Nana and Popper keeping Grayson entertained for us). We found two new lamps for our living room and put in the official order for new countertops and sinks in our kitchen and two bathroom vanities. It was a shock to the bank account (and Michael had to offer commentary on how many car projects that money could have funded), but I cannot wait for everything to be installed in a few weeks. I'll be sure to share before and after pictures along the way.

We've also picked out new lighting for the house and decided on a paint color for the master and guest bedrooms. After living with hydrangea wallpaper for three and a half years, I'm determined to finally tackle our bedroom. It always seems to take a backseat to more public spaces of our house.

I guess the days of longer sunlight have made me become overly ambitious. Just wait until it's warm enough to dig in the dirt. There's a whole other set of projects planned for our yard. Now that I'm sharing all of this, I probably need to go make a deposit in my husband's car account. Bribery is looking like the key to making my plans become reality.

No comments: