Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A man of many words

This week, Gray has added a few new words and phrases to his vocabulary and they are keeping us on our toes.

Oh my gosh -- this isn't in conversation or in reference to anything, it's used randomly like when he's looking out the car window, and he makes sure to enunciate each word.

It's funny! -- this is typically used after Gray has done something questionable, such as throwing a toy for example, then Michael or I give him a stern look and he says in his best comedian voice, "It's funny!" and then giggles wildly. The problem is, it is funny but we can't show him that we're laughing inside.

I don't like it -- it comes out more along the lines of "I don't yike it" but you get the point. This is used on everything from toys that don't meet his expectations to food he doesn't want to eat. I'm not a fan. 

Why? -- yes, the dreaded question is upon us. We heard it several times over the weekend (most often directed at Michael, thank goodness) and I'm already ready for this to pass. So far he has stopped after asking why? once, but I'm sure he will quickly become insatiable.

2 comments:

jenhumphreys said...

i remember when all of blayne's "L" sounds came out sounding like "Y". yap for lap and yeggs for legs. I miss it so much. even though you dont like the statement soak up the rest of it. hes getting to big to fast.
love yall
Jen

Me? A Mom? said...

I don't think the why phase ever stops. Now I get, "Why? How? Why? How come????"

::sigh::