Sunday, February 20, 2011

Monster Jam

I'm happy to report that Grayson's RSV has subsided and we were able to keep our plans with my dad, cousin Suzanne, her husband Jimmy and their son Luke to take in a Monster Jam show.

We just got back this afternoon and although Monster Trucks are not my typical scene, I have to admit it was entertaining. Of course, Grave Digger was the crowd favorite and didn't disappoint with things like this wheelie trick:


Despite ending up like this, he won the respect of the fans:


Meanwhile, I enjoyed some great people watching. I'm not sure if you can make this out, but the man below is wearing a rubber Grave Digger replica over a cowboy hat. To top off the look, his hunting orange t-shirt said, "Good 'Ol Boy" on the back. Isn't that kind of redundant? But I digress...


It was all worth it to see Luke and Grayson watch in amazement (and Pappa too!).


Luke also enjoyed a tub of popcorn bigger than his head. Isn't that half the fun?


Apparently, Gray was too cool to be seen with his parents. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of this expression during the teen years.

Two peas in a pod

Here are a couple of videos of the boys playing with their mini-Monster Trucks and one of Grave Digger free styling over the large dirt ramp. You may want to turn your speakers down a bit since it was quite loud inside the arena.



While the huge trucks were pretty amazing, the show was stolen by some stunt drivers using a mix of BMX bikes, four wheelers, dirt bikes and motorcycles. They came out in individual groups first to show off their skills, but then took to the ramps all at the same time in a display of organized chaos.

We all sat speechless, but Suzanne and I couldn't help but wonder, "Where are their mothers?!" I can only imagine the worry they go through knowing this is the profession their children have chosen:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing display of all! So glad you all got to go!! Thx for sharing! Aunt KM

Anonymous said...

yea, well, I'm pretty amazed people go to that, too!! GITTER DONE!!!! u no who

Anonymous said...

I just keep watching the last video of the organized chaos and totally agree with you on the "where are their mothers" thing. I just shake my head in dismay. Funny how we used to jump off cliffs and now we can't even watch others do that type of stuff!
A