Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bye Bye Pull-Ups

For those of you keeping up with Grayson's potty training progress, last week we switched over to "big kid" underwear full-time. I decided that the pull-ups were delaying the inevitable at this point and we had to just go for it.

Though each day has gotten better, I was tempted to put a pull-up on him for our go-kart outing on Saturday. I stayed the course and kept him in real underwear and he did great. No accidents the whole time we were out!

In fact, the last several days he's only had one accident the entire day and usually it occurs while attempting to make it to the potty. Today I picked him up from school in the clothes that I dressed him in this morning. That means a full day with no accidents...quite a nice surprise!

That said, Gray loves visiting every public restroom we pass even if he doesn't really need to go. I guess it's better for him to like it versus being afraid to go in public. I've come to accept this and have our hand sanitizer at the ready.

We still have a while before I'll be confident enough to stop carrying a bag full of back-up clothes, but he's at least on the right track. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One small step for man. One giant leap for motherhood!! Just think it's almost like getting a raise to not have to buy diapers!