Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Duck & Cover


I am so thankful to report that our family and house are safe after tonight's tornado outbreak. Luckily, Michael and I were able to leave work a bit early to make it home before the storms hit. A short while later, we took cover in an interior hall closet along with my sister Emily and Roxy (of course) as two tornadoes came through.

Despite living in tornado alley, I have only had to take cover a couple of times in my entire life, so the fact that we had to take shelter was nerve racking. We stayed calm in hopes that Gray would think it was all fun and games. Thank heaven for Sesame Street podcasts and iPod flashcards is all I have to say.

There was an even more devastating tornado that ripped through Piedmont, OK (on the west side of OKC) where we have some family. Everyone is safe and accounted for which is such a blessing.

We're all hugging each other a little tighter this evening and I hope everyone is safe and sound at home tonight. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo thankful all are safe and sound....I've said it before and will again, it should be illegal to live there!! O well, will always be home but remember way too many springtimes heading for cover then seeing the skies clear and all be calm. Hope this is it for awhile...stay safe! unowho

btw...winds at 5 mph gusting to 10 today....

Anonymous said...

guess unowho doesn't see these things are happening EVERYWHERE. What a year. Glad all are ok, lots to be thankful for...