Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Teacher's Pet

Grayson school has restuctured their staff a bit and he has a new teacher in his classroom. I've been getting to know her bit by bit when I pick him up each evening, and although she's fresh out of college, she's great with the kids and seems passionate about her job. His long-time teacher (which we really like) is still there too.

I am happy about the change and since the new teacher is with Gray from 9:30 a.m. through the end of the day, she usually has a detailed report of his day or a funny story to share.

Yesterday she told me that Gray asked her how old she was. The teacher told him she was 21, to which he replied, "When I get to be that old, I'll be in the home."

I have no idea where he got this, but luckily she cracked up laughing. She said she even went home and told her family the story. I think we need to work with Gray on how to make a good first impression. Telling a woman she's old is probably not the best approach.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That kid...where does he get this stuff?! :)

jenhumphreys said...

Boy do I love that kid. Even a state away he can make Aunt Jen smile and laugh out loud.