Sunday, March 4, 2012

PB&J Al Fresco

Today, the weather is perfect for a backyard lunch picnic! We had some hilarious conversations while dining al fresco, and I have to capture them here before I forget.

  • As I was bringing our food outside, Grayson said, "This is a fun picnic, mommy. Uncle Levi knows a lot about picnics." I'm not sure where that came from, but it's probably true. 
  • Somehow the conversation got around to mommy getting a parking ticket last week. Daddy was playing it up that I broke the law and a policeman wrote me a ticket, to which Gray replied (very seriously), "Mommy, did you break the law? Will you go to jail? That really hurts my feelings." I owe you one, Daddy. 
  • Then, Gray caught Daddy biting his nails and asked what he was doing. Gray bites his nails too at night, so I asked him why his nails were always short and we never have to trim them. He explained that "sometimes" he bites his nails while he's sleeping and he also takes off his socks. I asked why he does that and if his feet get cold. He replied, "Sometimes I wear no socks and sometimes I wear yes socks."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"and sometimes I wear YES socks"??? I want some of his meds!!! unowho

Courtney said...

Looks like you had a great time. I've never heard of the parallel forest but I want to go there! And, I want to be a guest at your cabin in Medicine Park someday. Can I?