Thursday, July 26, 2012

Kids say the darndest things

One morning this week, Michael and Gray were on their way to school as usual. Along the way, Gray was playing with a bungee cord, trying to hook the end of it on the passenger seat headrest.

Michael didn't think much of it since it was keeping his son entertained on the mile-long drive. When they got to school, Gray was excited to tell his teacher all about it. It went a little something like this...

Gray: "Ms. Sabre, Ms. Sabre, my dad has a hooker in his front seat!"

Ms. Sabre: "Excuse me?" Then she looked at Michael to explain himself. He hadn't heard Gray's original comment so she had to repeat it to him.

He responded, "Well, you know that's just how I roll at 8 a.m." And then quickly explained the bungee cord/hook situation.

I'm so thankful Gray's teacher has a sense of humor. There's no telling what he's told her during the day when we aren't there to defend ourselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care what you say, that's funny!! unowho

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard!! I think that is the best from Grayson so far!! Grandmama