Monday, July 30, 2012

My little gardener

Gray and I have enjoyed watching our small veggie garden grow this summer and I'm happy to see it (finally) start producing. We planted tomatoes, sweet potatoes and okra, all of which have been sprouting, but also giving us both a lesson in patience. Up until now, we've only had a few cherry tomatoes to enjoy, but our other two large tomato plants are starting to produce as well.

Here you can see one of the ripe tomatoes and some okra behind it. 

My little helper. The hardest part is waiting until lunchtime to eat it. That's probably why he likes the cherry tomatoes better...I let him eat those right away.  

He's so excited when we get to go pick something. I hope it's a feeling that sticks with him as he gets older. I'd love to see him have a green thumb. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what a green thumb both you and Amy have. What beautiful tomatoes. In the last picture, Grayson looks so much like you it could be you with your hair up in the hat! Great fun! Love, MOM