Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

It's been a whirlwind of holiday celebrations the last few days (and we still have a few more to come), but we've enjoyed every minute of family time.

Many of you know I'm the worst about sending Christmas cards. I enjoy each and every one I receive, and often daydream about the creative family portrait and design ours would have even though I never follow through. Consider this our simple holiday greeting:

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

This year, our family Christmas celebrations started out with my stepdad's clan last Saturday. This group travels from several states and always requires a photo with the cousins (of which I'm one of 11) and the various spouses and offspring we've added over the years. 



Here are two generations of cousins with our beautiful Grandmama. You can see Grayson is quite attached to my cousin Stephen. Probably because Stephen lets him climb all over him while being the best of sports.

Unfortunately this is the best photo I could get of the fourth generation. We were missing several kiddos this year, but it was fun to see these boys playing so well together. I was amazed at how well they all shared their brand new toys with one another. 

Next up was the Christmas eve celebration with my dad's side of the family. I barely took any photos and only managed to get this one of the cousins. I'm still in disbelief that we all have boys!

Luke (5), Gray (4), Holt (3) and Jack (almost 2)

Our Christmas day festivities got put on hold when sleet and snow started falling in the morning. After weeks and weeks of letting Gray know that we've never had a white Christmas my entire life and this year would likely be no exception, I was proven to be a liar and he was giddy with excitement. 

Of course we had to suit up and check it out ourselves. Here's Nana, daddy and Gray ready to brave the elements:


There wasn't really enough snow for sledding or snowman building, but Michael did slide Gray around on the patio for a bit. Gray also enjoyed eating a few icicles and throwing some snowballs at daddy.  

Afterward we enjoyed some hot chocolate to warm up. Grayson insisted on having "warm chocolate" instead of hot chocolate so that's now what he calls it. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We've been blessed with so many people who love us and have showered our family with generosity this holiday season. We love you and are very thankful to have you in our lives!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Christmas Holiday(s)! Thanks again for hosting us on Christmas Eve!!

unowho

Anonymous said...

I always so enjoy your posts and pics! Thx so much and keep'em coming! Happy New Year-2013 Aunt KM