Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Self reminders and technical difficulties

Several of you have asked about my decline in December blog posts and it's not from lack of material. Our four-year-old provides an endless supply of stories, especially during the holidays (his favorite time of year), but I'm having technical difficulties with my blog.

I've reached the photo size limit which hampers a lot of the things I want to write about. Before cleaning off some photos from old posts to make room, I've been experimenting with a website that converts blog posts into bound books. The first book should arrive any day now and I'll feel more comfortable deleting content once I know it's saved somewhere more permanent. 

In the meantime, here are a few things I don't want to forget:
  • Santa called Grayson last night. We caught the conversation on video, but it's about 4 minutes long so I need to take the time to upload it. He played it pretty cool the whole time, but I noticed a remarkable difference in his behavior during our usual bedtime routine. He obeyed every request the first time without hesitation, so I'd say Santa's call sunk in a bit. 
  • Note to self: There are hairstyle rules in our family that I should accept and stop questioning. For me, it's no short hairstyles. No matter how many times I try, it doesn't turn out like I want and emphasizes my already round cheeks. While I learned my lesson years ago, we recently learned one for Gray.  No matter how much we'd love for his hair to be shaggy and cute, it's too fine (like mine) and just lays there limp and unkempt.  
  • Gray went to his first parade on Saturday. It was Norman's Christmas parade and while I was hoping the marching band would be a highlight, all he seems to remember is how much candy the floats threw out. And the fact that he was allowed to run partially into the street to retrieve said candy left an impression too. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Grayson, save me a Hersheys bar! unowho

Erin said...

Lindsay - I post all my pictures to Flickr, and then embed them in my blog posts. It's an extra step, but then I have all my pictures in one place, I have a little bit more control with image size, and don't have to worry about reaching photo number limits on blogger. I do have to pay an annual fee to use Flickr, so that's one downside. Bravo to you for keeping up your blog so well!