Saturday, February 15, 2014

My funny valentine

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day celebrating with their family and friends. We are still working through a pile of sugary treats, but I guess everyone has a cross to bear!

As most of you know, I'm not really a fan of hearts and all the frilly, commercial stuff that goes along with Valentine's Day. That said, there's one little valentine that can make me appreciate all these cheesy displays of affection.

Gray is up for any holiday celebration and enjoyed picking out some Turbo-themed valentines for his class. He randomly busted out singing a Christmas carol while we were standing in the valentine aisle at Target, which of course led to some laughs by all the folks crammed into the aisle with us.

His other favorite part was getting valentines in the mail from our family. Daddy's favorite part was getting some baked valentine treats from our parents. I enjoyed receiving another pair of love-themed "fun socks" from my mom...our annual tradition.

Here's Gray with a Lego brownie from Susu and Pappa

Since our house was torn up during the Christmas holidays due to our home improvement projects, I never did any of my usual baking. We took advantage of Valentine's Day to share some love with our neighbors. 

Can you believe I baked heart-shaped cookies!? Something must have taken over my body!


We packaged them up in some paper plates that Gray painted with watercolors for a personal touch.


Daddy even got in on the action threading ribbon between the two plates to hold them together. 

Tada...a portable, disposable valentine cookie carrier. 

After everything was baked and packaged up, our kitchen looked like a bomb went off. Every surface seemed to be piled with valentine's remnants, but we had fun and made some memories, so the mess was worth it. Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look AWESOME! Great job by All of you! I feel your pain on how the kitchen looks when all is said and done! But it's Still worth it and making great memories!!
L, Pappa