Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sunny days are here again

We have spent the last several days soaking up the sun and replenishing our Vitamin D supplies. While I know that spring is still several weeks away, I'd rather focus on the more immediate seven-day forecast, full of sunshine and temps in the 60s and 70s.

We've been so busy playing outdoors that I haven't been great about snapping pictures. Here's a random sampling I just ran across on my phone:

The mini-conehead Braham hanging with the moms while the big kids play at the park. He just turned nine months and is very close to crawling. 

Big brother Liam taking a break from a bike ride with Gray. His little cycling jersey is just the cutest. I love how this kid embraces athletic gear.

Speaking of cute, here's Miss Cora in her gymnastics/dance leotard getting ready for a bike ride too. She also has a mind of her own when it comes to dressing herself and I love seeing her wardrobe creations. 

While the moms and kiddos were playing at the park, Michael helped Rob plan and install some pavers to create three new steps leading up to a front porch. Sometimes it takes a village (and not just when it comes to raising kids). 

After playing at the park for hours, Gray came home and took a two-hour nap. He would have slept longer, but I woke him up so he would sleep again that night. Plus it was time for milk and chocolate chip cookies. We have a schedule to keep people!

On Sunday, we went to see the Lego movie with Liam and his parents. Braham stayed with his grandparents for a bit and the boys thought they were so big getting to go to the theater. 

Fast forward to Monday and I decided we hadn't had enough outdoor time so Gray and I hit the tennis courts after work/school. We then came home and rode bikes around the neighborhood. Gray is learning a new "trick" where he pedals fast and then coasts with both feet sticking straight out off the pedals. He thinks it's the coolest thing ever. I'm sure this trick will come to an X Games competition soon.

No comments: