Saturday, April 4, 2015

Too. Soon.


Grayson came home from school on Thursday with a little girl's phone number on a paper plate. He was so excited and wanted to call her to come over and play. We hear about this little girl daily, but didn't realize they were "boyfriend" and "girlfriend." 

When Michael asked Gray if she gave her number to him or if he asked for it, Gray replied, "I'll tell you but I don't want you to get jealous." How funny is that? Apparently he asked her for it as they were lining up for music class. 

Gray then asked daddy if he had a girlfriend. I was curious to know the answer to that too, but daddy told him that mommy was his girlfriend. Nice save, dad!

I'm not convinced Gray knows what all these words mean (jealous, girlfriend, etc.), but it's funny at any rate. We haven't let him call her yet and I tried to explain that her parents don't know us so they may not let her come play at our house, but I'm not sure he understands. Perhaps we can arrange a playdate at the park or something. 

Goodness, I'm really not ready for girlfriend/boyfriend drama and exchanging phone numbers. Next he'll be asking for his own cell phone. Can't we rewind back to the days when he wanted to marry me and never move out of the house? Even though there's a whole other set of issues with that idea, I'd at least have my sweet baby boy a bit longer. ::sigh::

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you just shouldn't of had a boy that is so stinkin cute!! This has only just begun. Love, Grandmama