Monday, May 11, 2015

What we're up to

I've snapped a lot of random pictures recently that don't really have a theme, but capture what we've been up to lately.

We opened our swimming pool early this year because we had to have some work done on the pump. We knew the water would be really cold for a while, but that hasn't stopped Gray from taking a dip once or twice. Oh to be a kid again!

The boy having a poolside snack after his first swim of the season. The water was about 65 degrees and he stayed in for only a minute or two, but he was happy!

Gray has also enjoyed "fishing" in the pool. After I took this picture, I realized how tall he looks. It's not an illusion...this boy is growing like a weed lately! I'm glad we're getting into warmer shorts weather so I don't have to buy yet another round of pants due to his others getting too short.

Miss Roxy got her summer haircut and is looking sassy as usual. 

Gray also got a new haircut and asked if we would keep the top longer so he can "spike it up!" 

I'm not sure if you can see it, but there's a fishing line trip wire tied between the wood pile at the bottom of the photo all the way to the back door of the house. Gray set this booby trap a week or so ago and it gave Mike and I a few surprises, but luckily no injuries. I frequently find shoe laces tied around things or toys that have been tied up in traps. I think he learned it from watching Home Alone, so if you come to visit, be on your toes!

Gray and Nora have enjoyed some recent play dates and these two are just the cutest. Nora loves her big cousin and he likes watching out for her like a big brother. It makes my heart happy!

No comments: