Thursday, January 31, 2008

Feeling Ornery

First off, I never realized how strange it is to spell the word ornery... but I digress.

I decided to keep a tally of the number of pregnancy/baby/parenting books that Mike and I complete throughout this journey. Not that this is a competition, but before we started "trying" I very clearly brought up the fact that I didn't want to be the only one reading all the books. 

He agreed to become a bookworm (much to his dismay), and even bought a book for expecting fathers on Jan. 19 (after we went to the bookstore and I picked out two for him to choose from). That's where the progress ended. The book is still sitting on our table untouched. 

Now, I'm sure this is needlessly rude for me to point out in front of all of our friends, but let's be honest -- I can't control my hormonal mood swings at the moment and he's likely not reading this blog either so I think we're safe. 

So, enjoy Baby Book Tally over on the left-hand side of this blog. I'll be sure to report back any and all progress as it happens.
P.S. As of Jan. 25, the fatherhood book did get picked up and carried from the bag to the living room side table, but I don't think the cover has yet to be cracked. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

Put them in the bathroom. That's the only way I got Ted to read them. And even then it had to be the really thin kinds that have type big enough for an 80 year old man.

Lindsay said...

Brilliant! I'm going to put it in there right now.