Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Tag Along Debate

One question I seem to think about more now that we're parents is whether or not to take Grayson to certain gatherings and social functions.

It's not always clear if kids are welcomed or invited in certain situations, so we usually opt for the safe side of leaving him with family.

There have been several times recently where I've been somewhere and didn't bring Grayson but then other people had children there. While it can be nice to have a baby-free evening once in a while, I wondered why I didn't think it was okay to bring him.

On the flip side, I was also at a conference where a woman brought her daughter a few months older than Grayson. She sat in a lecture session and quietly played with some toys on the floor(never making a peep), but I must admit I thought it was odd for her to be there. I'm not sure if I was distracted by her presence or the thoughts running through my head about how stressed I would be if it were Grayson in her place and I was trying to keep him from shrieking.

Anyway, I really thought I'd have a mommy sixth sense that would kick in about these things. So far, nothing. How do other parents handle these decisions?

1 comment:

Me? A Mom? said...

When you figure it out, let me know. I still show up places without the kids when clearly kids are welcome. Weddings are the worst for this.