Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Potty Progress

I'll spare you the play-by-play on Grayson's potty training, but suffice it to say that he's been doing really well. He averages more successes than misses everyday and typically when he goes in his pull-up it's because he's outside playing or really into a toy and doesn't want to take the time to go to the bathroom.

That said, his teachers surprised me today when I picked him up by asking if I would bring him in underwear tomorrow (with several changes of clothes, of course). They think he's ready to switch from pull-ups to real cotton undies.

This evening we bought him some training underwear which is a little thicker and more absorbent. I'm curious what tomorrow will bring, but am also thankful that Gray's teachers are patient (and brave) enough to help him move to the next phase.

I wasn't quite mentally prepared for giving up the pull-ups, but I know it's what needs to be done. Wish us all luck and here goes nothing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's impressive. Lighting McQueen, here he comes!
L, Pappa

Anonymous said...

this is really a crappy subject!! u no who