Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our Little Faker

Sometimes karma comes in the form of your children and I think that may be the case with Grayson's new "skill" of fake crying.

When I was a child, my older sister and cousin used to send me in to ask our parents if we could do something. Being the youngest of our trio and wanting to stay in their good graces, I willingly obliged. If our parents said no I was instructed to cry on command until it changed their minds.

This flare for the dramatics must be genetic because Gray has suddenly learned how to turn on the fake waterworks. Luckily he hasn't perfected this skill just yet, so we can still tell when it's not real.

Michael and I usually have to bite our lips to keep from laughing at the situation, then we tell Gray to "quit fake crying" and we move on. Like the flip of a switch, he stops crying and acts normal again. What a little faker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Gray!!! I remember the shennanigans of your mom and aunts!! Now you just need to learn to 'pop' Mom on her arm, knee, wherever then run to grandma and say she started it!!!! unowho!!

Anonymous said...

I am still laughing out loud! Amy