Saturday, April 16, 2011

Random Updates

We've had a busy week, but when I sit down to write nothing seems noteworthy enough to be its own post. So here are a few random updates:
  • Grayson surprised me last week by reciting the prayer "God is Great." I guess he's been learning it at school, so I'm now also teaching him a short little prayer that I grew up saying at mealtime. He hasn't quite caught on to remembering all the words, but it's fun to see him progress.   
  • Michael randomly decided he wanted to try eating chicken again. As most of you know, he was diagnosed with a poultry allergy during his middle school years and would go into anaphylactic shock if he ate turkey or chicken. He thinks he may have out grown it (or the allergy was actually a reaction to some kind of additive or preservative instead). He ate one of my chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-a tonight and didn't have a reaction. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but this could be life changing for both of us if it's true (think of all the new recipes I could cook!). We'll keep you posted. 
  • Gray's new phrase of the week is, "I have a question." To which one of us replies, "Okay, what's your question." And then he just smiles and doesn't ask anything.  
  • Potty training continues to progress. He's keeping his pull-up dry about 80% of time and he's very proud of all the stickers he's amassed on the poster we hung up in the bathroom to chart his successes. He stands in front of the poster every morning as I get ready and describes each and every sticker. 
  • During our morning commute to work/school, I've notice Gray humming little made up songs while entertaining himself in the back seat. When I ask what he's doing he says he's whistling. I've tried to capture it on video (when I'm not driving, of course), but he won't cooperate. Today when I asked him if he could whistle for me he said he couldn't because he had a boo boo on his knee. This gives you an idea of the kind of logic I'm dealing with here. 

No comments: