Thursday, May 10, 2012

Celebrating Grandmama!

Today we celebrated my mom's retirement from 22 years of teaching. Her school hosted a party where we got to meet a lot of her "teacher friends" and she got to show off her grandsons.

I know she's touched so many lives over the years through teaching, but I have a feeling the fun is just beginning when it comes to quality time with Holt and Gray. Here are a few of the highlights:

 Gray and Holt lookin' sharp and ready for cake!

Grandmama and Grandaddy with their boys 

Some of our extended family on my mom's side 

My Grandmother Dodson made the trip up from South Padre to be with us for the party and it makes me so happy for Gray and Holt to bond with their great-grandmother. 

My mom has a tradition of buying a book for her school's library each year on the boys' birthdays. They put a label inside the cover that says Mrs. Solomon donated this book on behalf of her grandson Holten/Grayson and then it lists their birthdays. These are the two books that were dedicated for each boy when they were born. She buys the boys a copy of the book too, so they get to enjoy the stories at home. It's such a neat idea. In honor of my mom's retirement, the librarians donated a book in her honor to the school library. So special! 

 Here are two special sisters: my Great-Aunt Bobbie and my Grandmother Martha Nell

Me with my sisters, mom and grandmother

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to All!-as you will ALL enjoy her retirement, too! So many precious memories and
so many new ones to be made!! Give her a hug for me!
Love to all-Aunt KM