Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ganging up on daddy

Last weekend, Michael took the running boards off his 4Runner and I've been complaining ever since. He thinks it "looks cleaner" without them, but I really didn't care since I'm not as tall and used them to step into the truck.

Despite my complaining, Michael didn't think twice about putting them back on. That was, until Grayson joined my campaign and we out voted daddy.

I've been driving the 4Runner the past few days while the air conditioner is getting fixed in my car. Yesterday when I picked Gray up from school, he wanted to get in the 4Runner by himself and couldn't because the running board was off and he didn't have a step to help him get up into the truck. He asked where the step went and I told him daddy took it off.

Then, when we got home he saw the running boards lying by the garage and asked again if daddy could put the steps back on his truck. I told him he needed to ask daddy about it and then went on about our business. I figured Gray would forget the whole thing since Michael had class last night and they didn't see each other until this morning.

Immediately upon waking, Grayson asked daddy about putting the steps back on the truck, and he even got teary about how he wanted to get into the truck himself and he couldn't.

Michael sent me a loving text message thanking me for turning his son against him. To be honest, I really don't feel bad about it. The running boards are now going back on the 4Runner and Gray and I will be happy to see their return.

Poor daddy.

No comments: