Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day fun


I finally got around to downloading photos from my camera so I'm ready to post some updates. We've been busy celebrating over the past week!

In addition to my mom's retirement party, Michael and I also celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary, plus Mother's Day and Holten's third birthday. It's been a great week of family, desserts and lots of memories.

The weather was gorgeous on Mother's Day, so we enjoyed a potluck picnic at the park:

Our picnic set up. Just a guess, but it appears everyone has their eyes on Gray and Holt who are off somewhere playing. They kept us very entertained.

This is what I picture when I think about Mother's Day. Sweetness.

 
But this is more of the reality. A boy's face is never clean and a mother's job is never done.

Two sweaty, filthy boys having fun 

The sisters with our Grandmom Solomon 

With our Grandmother Dodson 

 The gang with Grandmama

Grandmama with all her boys

Peek-a-boo

Later in the day we also stopped by to see my Grandma on my dad's side. Three out of four grandmothers in one day was a rare and special treat! We are blessed to have so many mothers to celebrate!

No comments: