Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Four-year-old stats

We had Grayson's four-year check-up and despite the awful moment when we had to hold him down to get three shots, the rest went very well.

The doctor was impressed with Gray's conversational skills and he's growing right on schedule. He weighed in at 35 lbs. (50th percentile) and 41 3/4 inches tall (75th percentile).

They always give us a handout with different physical, emotional, social and mental developments. Some of my favorites from this visit are:

  • has a penchant for silliness
  • uses "naughty" words to observe reactions 
  • talks "with" another child, but does not listen to what other child says
  • often asks "why" questions

I can't make this up. These are actual characteristics of "normal" development. I'll try to remind myself that our boy is normal when I'm answering his 400th "why" question.

No comments: